Responsible for monitoring the NOC and reacting to alarms/events generated within an infrastructure monitoring platform based on corresponding procedures.
• Troubleshoot and monitor activity throughout the network.
• Isolate and diagnose faults and escalate to higher levels of support for resolution as appropriate.
• Interact with departments to address issues identified within the network.
• Adhere to company and department policy and practice in an effort to assure prompt resolution to identified problems.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Applied knowledge of data networks, and/or telecommunication infrastructure, and/or maintaining a cable plant.
• Working knowledge of Cisco Technologies.
• Working knowledge of DWDM and SONET.
• Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends; experience in a 7x24x365 support environment a plus.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Good decision-making skills.
• Ability to work under stress.
• Ability to follow detailed procedures.
• Ability to work within a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.