TMR, Inc. seeks a Network Specialist who can work on operational team that maintains a VMware-based production and lab environment and Cloud infrastructure for a portfolio.
- Maintain responsibility for administering lab environments in enterprise settings while achieving high levels of availability as the senior subject matter expert.
- Demonstrate proficient technical expertise in various editions of ESXi and vSphere platforms, including .5.x and 6.x.
- Manage VMware software and services, including vRA, vRO, vDP, vMotion, such as storage and host migrations, vSwitches and dvSwitches, SDRS and DRS, and HA configurations. Lead the effort to administer Windows and Linux platforms, including Windows Server 2012, Windows 10, RHEL 5 or 6, Ubuntu Enterprise, or similar flavors.
- Plan and perform large scale upgrades of VMware environments and all of its components to new hardware supporting upgraded hypervisors, storage, and networking.
- Maintain responsibility for supporting hardware and system engineering efforts and providing maintenance and sustainment for existing and new government systems.
- Assist with full life cycle support for critical systems in both operational and test environments.
- Provide engineering change input for government system upgrades and ongoing engineering efforts.
- Research and develop network and hardware solutions to replace obsolete system hardware, improve system interoperability, and implement approved solutions that follow established engineering and configuration management processes.
- Troubleshoot networking issues and provide recommendations for network upgrades and system design documents.
- Provide direct, hands-on network engineering expertise to help design, install, and maintain various DoD network architectures.
- 8+ years of experience with networking, including network design, testing, development, and integration
- 4+ years of experience with installing, configuring, and maintaining SANs, VMware, and Windows environments
- Knowledge of Windows servers, including Windows PowerShell, Active Directory, and GPO
- Knowledge of information security, including systems and network security, auditing, and user authentication-Ensure designs meet applicable security technical implementation guides (STIGs)
- Conduct engineering vulnerability assessment of systems utilizing DoD approved IA tools (ACAS) and DISA STIGs
- Identify technical applicability, remediate, and support mitigation of IAVA notices and support metric reporting
- Experience in interacting with end users and providing customer support
- Knowledge of server administration
- Ability to build, configure, and maintain servers in a laboratory or operational system
- Ability to build and configure virtual servers and use various operating systems, as needed-Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices
- Knowledge of computer networking and network-based information assurance devices
- Experience with reviewing government guidance, including task orders, directives, STIGS, or IAVAs for applicability and implementation
- Secret with SSBI clearance required
- AA or BS degree (Experience can be substituted for educational requirements.)
- Security+ CE Certification
- VMWare, Linux or Windows Server 2012 (or higher) Operating System Certification
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret with SSBI clearance is required.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen in order to obtain and maintain an interim and final security clearance.
- Top Secret clearance preferred
- BA or BS degree in a technical area (Computer Science, Information Assurance, Cyber Security…)
- Knowledge of SharePoint server administration, including creating and maintaining SharePoint sites and content---Experience with developing and presenting, orally and in writing, technical information to non-technical audiences and clients
Technical and Management Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or Vietnam veteran status. This policy affirms TMR’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of discriminatory practices. We encourage all employees to take advantage of opportunities for promotion as they occur.