Are you looking for a new and exciting career opportunity?
Join our award-winning organization and work with some of the most talented minds within our Enterprise Technology and Innovation teams. As a Salient CRGT employee, you get to be part of a best performing team supporting our nation’s most critical missions.
Why Salient CRGT?
We’re passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation. We provide the tools and resources to help you be successful, and our culture fosters an environment in which idea sharing and collaboration is essential. Are you ready to make a difference?
We are seeking a qualified candidate to work with its team in the Veterans Administration's Network Security Operations Center in Martinsburg, WV. This position is a 3rd shift (Fri-Tues) opportunity supporting our Gateway Operations team. Gateway Operations engineers, monitors, and manages the daily operations of the equipment that comprise the four Trusted Internet Connections (TIC) Gateways between the public internet and the private US Dept. of Veteran Affairs' network.
- Maintains operational and security capabilities of the VA’s network gateways
- Supports the NSOC by providing Tier II network engineering
- Responds to Help Desk escalation calls, including occasional after hours support.
- Maintain existing NSOC processes and procedures and recommend improvements to the chain of command.
- Maintain evolving corporate knowledge including information in diagrams, databases, documents, etc.
- Participate in technical reviews and recommend solutions and improvements.
- Performs routine maintenance on network devices and applications.
- Works closely with network architecture and engineering transition teams on projects destined for operational implementation
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN concepts and IP routing protocols.
- Experience with enterprise grade application level security appliances, including web content filters, F5 LTM/GTM and email relays.
- Knowledge of application level protocols. Experience with SSL, DNSSec and SNMP.
- Education / Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 5-8 years of experience. 8 years of additional experience maybe substituted for degree.
- Background Investigation: Must be able to pass and maintain a Tier 4 (BI) Government Background Investigation
- Education / Experience:
- Experience with network management applications. NetScout, RightiTnow and Solarwinds preferred.
- Experience managing and troubleshooting IPSec Site-to-Site VPNs utilizing Cisco ASAs desired.
- CCNA or CCNP
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.