Our Client in the Wilmington, NC area is looking for a Network Technician to join their team. If interested, please send your resume to Donna at email@example.com!
The Network Technician works as the sole network technician at the system level. The Network Technician installs, supports, and maintains the district’s wide area network. The Network Technician monitors network performance and integrity to deliver reliable service to district users. The Network Technician supports the Data Systems Manager in the design, configuration, and installation of all the district networks. The Network
Technician is responsible for all network management including daily monitoring, documentation and configuration.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- Network Certifications: Network+ and Security+ required at time of employment or achieved within six months of employment. Higher certification in networking or security can substitute this requirement.
- CCNA certification preferred or required within one year of employment additional certification in CISCO recommended and preferred
- An associate's degree in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a network environment, or any equivalent combination of training, certifications and experience.
- Experience in an educational environment, a plus.
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with the Data Systems Manager in the development and implementation of all technical aspects of the local technology short and long range plans especially concerning network infrastructure and performance.
- Configuration, troubleshooting, and management of Cisco network infrastructure to include internet filter and security systems.
- Designs and manages security systems and architectures for the wide area network.
- Completes network infrastructure projects as assigned and is the local liaison for contractors.
- Develops and maintains network drawings, diagrams, and documentation.
- Quickly responds to urgent system problems and failures; transportation provided by district.
- Monitors network bandwidth, network performance, security reliability, accessibility, and internet access daily.
- Maintain security policies, practices and configurations to protect data systems from intrusion and vulnerabilities to threats.
- Serves as technical lead for network planning, growth projects and new deployment of data services by participating on the Technology Committee for the district.
- Serves as technical resource for lower level technicians and analyst.
- Responsible for managing the inventory of all network infrastructure equipment.
- Attend classes and seminars to enhance knowledge of networking, security and operating systems.
- Additional duties as assigned by Data Systems Manager.
Knowledge Abilities and Skills:
- Strong technical knowledge of network technologies, switches, wireless, and firewall security.
- Strong technical knowledge of network monitoring and performance evaluations including wireless networks.
- Strong technical knowledge of security technologies, such as network security appliances, anti-malware solutions, desktop security tools and identity access systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of Data Center infrastructure and systems.
- Strong knowledge of small hand and power tools, network cabling, and cabling testing tools.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate diverse internal and external tasks to implement network projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of technology staff, technology users and school administration
- Ability to evaluate processes and recommend improvements and solutions to problems
- Ability to communicate verbal and written instructions through training materials and departmental procedures
- Ability to use basic office tools, spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation tools to perform required tasks
REPORTS TO: Data Systems Manager
Strength and energy sufficient to maintain an active work schedule involving driving and/or physical exertion; hearing and speaking to exchange information; seeing to perform assigned duties; standing, stooping, or sitting for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate tools and equipment; kneeling, bending at
the waist, and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally as needed; lifting light and heavy objects, ability to distinguish between colors, and ability to work at heights on ladders, lifts, scaffolds, etc.
The employee regularly works in indoor conditions and regularly works near video display. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate. The employee interfaces with all levels of individuals within the school district.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178