This position’s primary role will be a Field Services Junior Level Network Technician I, servicing a large-scale Enterprise network. You will be part of a Team of Network Technicians and Engineers servicing the NGEN Navy sites. This network includes Cisco, Aruba, Brocade, Juniper, Riverbed and McAfee network devices to include Routers, Switches, Access Points, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and WAN Accelerators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install and maintain network devices at the site.
- work with the NOC technicians and managers to troubleshoot outages and resolve network related issues.
- Create ticket for maintenances using HPE Service Manager.
- Understand, implement, and follow processes in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Perform escalation and additional tasks as directed.
- Take Direction from the Regional Leader and Site Leaders
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Entry level – no experience required
- Evidence of intellectual, technical, business accomplishments, and related technology leadership experiences will be considered. Cisco Network + and Security+ CE required.
- Fundamental understanding of the OSI Model is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Government Secret Security Clearance is required.
- Basic working knowledge in the Networking and Information Technology field with 0 to 4 plus years’ experience in the Information Technology Field with basic Networking knowledge.
- Position requires the basic skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities and network outages.
- Candidate needs a basic understanding of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated software tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for excellence and continual improvement, combined with an entrepreneurial spirit, good written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, innovative thinking in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Good customer service and communication is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and network reliability.
- Some Travel will be Required.
- A Background Information Technology field or a related technology field is highly desirable.
- ITIL foundation V3 certification is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is a Plus.
- Knowledge and experience working with wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable.
- A good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with severs and Cisco devices are a Plus.
- Position requires the ability to hear and communicate clearly, orally and in writing.
- Uses vision to view screens, create and review documents; requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Capable of using a keyboard effectively.
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk and may occasionally lift and move at least 50 pounds.
- Office environment. Must be able to work in a busy, fast-paced environment.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.