Seeking an experienced Network Support Technician for long term project role located in the Bear, DE area. Position operates on a 12AM to 12PM shift on rotating schedule.
Primary Duties within client:
We are responsible for the day to day management of data center operations throughout the United States for a multinational banking and financial services holding company. It is the largest of its kind in the United States with total worldwide assets in excess of US$2 trillion. Maintain operational stability and handle customer requests while working on shifts to support the 24 x 7 operations.
Basic responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Rack and stack equipment (network, mainframes, and storage and enterprise servers). Rack and Stack Enterprise Class Technology Hardware (instead of listing network, mainframes, etc.).
- Running copper and fiber cables
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics of hardware/connectivity
- Commission and Decommission of Hardware
- Familiarity with Patch Panels
- Must be able to perform component replaceable of DIMMs Hard drives, Power Supplies
- Vendor Management. Support 3rd Party Vendor Activities
In Addition, the Data Center Engineer will:
- Adhere to Change Control Processes
- Execute the cabling and cable organization per client standards.
- Rack & Stack server and IT hardware in corporate Data Center.
- Responsible for server implementation, support and decommissioning within a secure raised-floor environment
- Install support hardware for all devices to be installed into cabinets on raised floor
- Place devices in cabinets according to instructions from internal hardware power & placement team
- Previous experience working in a complex high availability data center environment
- A strong working knowledge of data center processes and design (power, cooling, redundancy).
- Hands on expertise of midrange systems in large scale (100+ servers) environments- IBM, HP, Oracle, & Dell server hardware
- Ability to document complex problem resolution summaries and repetitive tasks interfaces through online ticketing system
- Ability to demonstrate effective team and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Expertise with day-to-day data center operation tasks, including rack/stack, understanding of switch/port configurations, server decommissioning
- Also experience with Data Center incident resolution, asset management, and logistics
- Critical thinking and decision making related to outage risk assessment
- Strong cable management skills and experience managing fiber & copper in a data center environment.
- Certifications: A+, Server+, or Network+
- Technical writing and documentation skills are preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Data Center Technician / Engineer