Currently seeking contractor for a short term contract role in Belleville, MI.
Consultant will be responsible for helping with new build of a Tape Storage Facility as well as installing new and maintain existing equipment including but not limited to racking equipment, shelving, and cable management and repair.
Additionally, consultant will:
- Be responsible for build of new storage shelves in large area.
- Offload containers on arrival and porterage the goods into the site as well as undertaking the building works under supervision.
- Ensure back-up media availability and secure transport.
- Maintain records of equipment.
- Plan for and respond to service outages and other issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Interpersonal skills necessary to provide a level of support to IT staff and end users including the ability to accurately describe system problems and or failures.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as follow instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Demands also include working second shift as an individual contributor and working additional hours, including weekends and holidays with little or no notice.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Candidate must be able to provide special care and attention necessary to avoid injury with lifting heavy equipment, and metal edges on equipment.