Consultnet is actively recruiting for Network Technicians to be part of a dedicated team of diverse professionals creating and supporting cutting edge solutions for our client's network project. The ideal candidate will serve as a Network Field Technician reporting to the IT Operations Services Division. Responsibilities will include:Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
• Perform installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and monitoring of network equipment in. This includes, but is not limited to Cisco and Juniper switches, Cisco and Juniper routers, UPS systems, structured cable systems (fiber patch panels, copper patch panels).
• Analysis, troubleshooting and repair of switching, routing and wireless issues
• Support of the day to day Campus and Data Centers activation.
• Coordinate the testing of services with all involved clients and providers until the customer's service is up and working.
• Support after hour and weekend work as outlined by the client. This includes but not limited to afterhours work like swapping hardware, upgrading software, replacing cables, etc.
• Perform duties as to ensure network reliability, client satisfaction and organizational goals.
• Fundamental understanding of the OSI reference model, Protocols, Subnetting, switching and other Layer1/Layer 2 technologies. Ability to troubleshoot VOIP related issues.
• Ability to create port channels and configure ports as requested by Data Center Customers.
• Basic understanding of VPN, Firewalls and Wireless technologies.
High School diploma with 5 years of related experience.
Cisco CCNA Certification or Juniper JNCIA-Junos preferred.
Associates degree with 3 years of related experience.
Bachelor's degree with 1 year of related experience. Related required training.
2+ years basic Switch and Router configuration and troubleshooting.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com