Network Technician – Atlas Technologies, a rapidly expanding company supporting the US Military and other Government entities, is seeking a passionate, flexible, highly motivated team player to join our group of Information Technology professionals. If you are comfortable in intense fast paced environments, can think on your feet, excel in team-based collaborative efforts, and can tolerate visiting some of the most exotic locations in the world then this may be the right fit for you. The Network Technician will serve as a subject matter expert for US Navy Network Management Systems utilizing Microsoft and Linux servers as well as routers and switches from various vendors. Will provide support and expertise for Navy networks and associated systems during installation on-board US Navy vessels and in a post-installation environment including remote support and troubleshooting.
- Assist in or lead the installation and/or distance support of networks and servers.
- Pre-load, configure and test equipment and systems to include servers, workstations, routers, and switches.
- Provide tier II/III remote support and troubleshooting to operational units worldwide
- Research issues using available resources.
- Advise customer on appropriate actions
- Provide support and integration expertise for U.S. Navy network systems and associated systems during installations on-board Navy Vessels.
- Provide on-site technical assistance to operational units worldwide.
- Perform systems operations testing for various U.S. Navy network systems to operational units worldwide.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 40%
- A current U.S. Passport or obtain one within 45 days of employment.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Systems Administrator/Field Engineer/System Analyst
- A CompTIA Security+CE Certification
- Experience in TCP/IP and common protocols such as FTP, SSH SMTP, DNS, SNMP, and NTP.
- Experience in routing and switching (Cisco preferred)
- Experience in system administration (Microsoft or Linux preferred)
- Experience in VMware ESX and vSphere are desired.
- Remedy or other help desk ticket system experience is desired.
- Experience with one or more of the following systems is desired:
- Integrated Shipboard Network Systems (ISNS)
- Consolidated Afloat Network Enterprise System (CANES)
- Automated Digital Network System (ADNS)
- Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS)
- Global Command and Control System (GCCS)
- SCI Networks
What is Atlas, you ask?
Atlas is a fast-growing information technology services company servicing a range of DoD customers. Our core values directly contribute to our success and growth. Atlas enjoys success by combining nimble management, a top-notch technical team, and unequaled customer service. We are extremely passionate about our platform, as well as our relationships among our team and with our customers.
Life at Atlas
Our focus can be summed up succinctly – To create a positive impact for our clients, community, and country, we integrate reliable, intuitive IT solutions for the warfighter.
Atlas offers you:
Growth potential and ability to lead change
Company leadership that believes in learning, teaching, passion, and flexibility
Challenging, motivating and fun work environment
Company culture that is guided by our core values
Agile product management methodologies with minimal process overhead
Atlas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or protected veteran status. Visit our careers site to apply and join our growing team of professionals. Visit us on Facebook and Glassdoor to learn more about Atlas.
EEO is the Law Poster Pay Transparency Disability Rights