Network Technician � Atlas Technologies, a rapidly expanding company supporting the US Military and other Government entities, is seeking a passionate, flexible, highly motivated team player to join our group of Information Technology professionals.� If you are comfortable in intense fast paced environments, can think on your feet, excel in team-based collaborative efforts, and can tolerate visiting some of the most exotic locations in the world then this may be the right fit for you.� The Network Technician will serve as a subject matter expert for US Navy Network Management Systems utilizing Microsoft and Linux servers as well as routers and switches from various vendors. Will provide support and expertise for Navy networks and associated systems during installation on-board US Navy vessels and in a post-installation environment including remote support and troubleshooting.
Essential duties functions and areas of expertise include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in or leading the installation and/or distance support of networks and servers.
- Pre-loading, configuration and testing of equipment and systems to include servers, workstations, routers, and switches.
- Provide tier II/III remote support and troubleshooting to operational units worldwide
- Research issues using available resources.
- Advise customer on appropriate actions
- Provide support and integration expertise for U.S. Navy network systems and associated systems during installations on-board Navy Vessels.
- Provide on-site technical assistance to operational units worldwide.
- Performs systems operations testing for various U.S. Navy network systems to operational units worldwide.
- Up to 40% travel domestic and international.
- Must have a current U.S. Passport or obtain one within 45 days of employment.
- CompTIA Security+CE Certification
- 3 � 5 years� experience as a Systems Admin/Field Engineer/System Analyst
- A relevant vendor operating system certification must be obtained within 4 months of employment to obtain IAT II status.�
- Experienced in TCP/IP and common protocols such as FTP, SSH SMTP, DNS, SNMP, and NTP.
- Experienced in routing and switching (Cisco preferred)
- Experienced in system administration (Microsoft or Linux preferred)
- Experienced in VMware ESX and vSphere are desired.
- Remedy or other help desk ticket system experience is desired.
- Experience with one or more of the following systems is desired:
- Integrated Shipboard Network Systems (ISNS)
- Consolidated Afloat Network Enterprise System (CANES)
- Automated Digital Network System (ADNS)
- Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS)
- Global Command and Control System (GCCS)
- SCI Networks
Atlas Technologies, Inc. is an innovative provider of leading edge Information Technology (IT) solutions to Government and industry partners. Our primary focus and experience covers network integration, cybersecurity, software development, engineering, and management.
Atlas takes pride in our highly experienced and driven employees who share our Core Values and our Vision of merging technology with integrity to create a positive impact for our clients, community and country.
Atlas offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package including: Medical/Dental/Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Vacation/Sick/Holidays, 401k, Education Assistance, Charitable Matching, Pet Insurance, Flex Time, Employee Recognition and Ancillary Benefits.
Atlas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or protected veteran status. Visit our careers site to apply and join our growing team of professionals. Visit us on Facebook and Glassdoor to learn more about Atlas.