Job Title: Network Administrator
Location: Tampa, FL
Setup, support, and monitor local & global LAN, WLAN, WAN, and VoIP Infrastructure. Perform a variety of network maintenance, installation, and training tasks to ensure LAN/WLAN/WAN/VoIP services meet company and user requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicates with end-users, support staff, management and other systems departments
- Maintains effective communications with other groups
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and support the overall WAN, LAN, and WLAN network infrastructure within complex local and global environments.
- Maintain, support, and troubleshoot the corporate POTS and VoIP, including fax, environment across all locations.
- Implement, manage, and troubleshoot network security systems. This includes Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco ASAs, Lancope Stealthwatch, Cisco ISE, etc.
- Administer and support corporate network monitoring systems. This includes SolarWinds, Prime Infrastructure, Kiwi Syslog Server, etc.
- Implement, test, and monitor system enhancements (software and hardware updates/patches) which will improve the performance and reliability of network services.
- Assist other teams with the integration, implementation, and troubleshooting of projects involving network services.
- Participates in the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan and procedures for all locations.
- Exercises independent judgment in the planning, scheduling, organizing, controlling and monitoring of IT projects.
- Assist other team members in the troubleshooting and resolution of corporate IT issues.
- Provide and participate in cross-training to other team members on IT systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Associates Degree in a technology discipline or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Cisco CCNA R&S is required, Network+, or equivalent certification.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in support and maintenance of complex network environment.
- Knowledge of Cisco Firewalls, Routers, Layer 2/3 Switches and VLAN’s as well as Wireless technologies.
- Possess knowledge and ability to configure and troubleshoot routing, switching, and VoIP, particularly within a Cisco environment.
- Knowledge of protocols EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, G.729, G.711, RTP, SIP, H.323, MGCP, T.38 and other routing, gateway load balancing, and VoIP-related protocols.
- Familiarity of Load Balancers (BigIP F5, Citrix NetScaler) and WAN Optimizers.
- Knowledge of IT Security policies and Security Event Manager.
- Troubleshooting skillset for LAN/WAN network and application issues.
- Knowledge of Network Services such as DNS, IPAM, (S)FTP, TFTP, LDAP, SMTP, and DHCP.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Monitoring tools using SNMP, Netflow, and Syslog.
- Knowledge of 802.1x and certificates.
- Innovation/creativity, managing/working with others, project/process management, accountability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem solving ability.
- Learn and adopt best practices in Network Management.
- Ability to interface and work well with 3rd party vendors.
- CCNA R&S, CompTIA Network+.
- Knowledge of Cisco-related systems outlined above.
- Experience with the CISCO Nexus and Catalyst line of equipment.
- Experience with Cisco ISE, Prime Infrastructure.
- Experience with Solarwinds monitoring products.
- Knowledge and experience working with VMware vSphere.
- Knowledge and experience supporting a Microsoft Windows network.