St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
We are seeking a full-time Network/Telephony System Administrator who will perform day to day operations, management and administration of the college network/telephony infrastructure. Responsibilities include installing, configuring and supporting SCC's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN) and telephony systems.
This position is responsible for ensuring the success of all aspects of initiatives he/she is charged with overseeing, and will interact with systems architects, systems administrators, programmer analysts, database administrators, technical support analysts, and outside consultants to determine project requirements, enhancements, and new systems initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Install, configure, maintain, upgrade, and administer network devices such as switches, routers, firewalls, IDS/IPS, load balancers, VPN devices, wireless controllers and access points. Troubleshoot connectivity issues including physical wiring issues, and perform event log analysis.
- Install, configure, maintain, upgrade, and administer telephony devices such as UCS Servers, cube routers, voice gateways, handsets, voicemail systems and emergency communication devices. Troubleshoot connectivity issues and perform event log analysis.
- Monitor network and telephony systems performance and ensure availability and reliability.
- Create, deploy, and maintain network/telephony access policies. Develop and maintain network/telephony automation tools. Provide network/telephony access/usage log data to members of senior administration as requested.
- Provide Level-3 support and troubleshooting of network/telephony issues.
- Create, maintain, and document network baselines and network access policies.
- Select and implement network security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the College's security team.
- Assist in creating, maintaining, and documenting security baselines and policies as it pertains to networking and telephony.
- Manage network and telephony projects assigned by the Director of Network Computing.
- Assist in the design and planning of the college's infrastructure. Be an active member in technical workgroups to recommend and implement solutions and architecture.
- Complies with IT procedure for reporting child pornography on SCC equipment.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; plus two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a working knowledge of network architecture, enterprise WAN/LAN experience, and networking technologies including wireless, IDS, IPS, traffic shaping, QoS, VPN and MPLS. Must be widely versed in Cisco architecture, and able to provide configuration and support for a broad range of Cisco products, including Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS and Cisco ASA-x devices. Experience with Cisco IP telephony and Cisco wireless is required.
- The following industry certifications are strongly preferred: CompTIA Network and CCNA. Employee is required to obtain these certifications within 18 months of employment.