Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary to permanent role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Principal Network Engineer to work at Fidelity Investments in Westlake, TX or Raleigh, North Carolina!
The Global Network Engineering (GNE) team is responsible for the architecture, engineering and deployment of the Fidelity Core Network across the Global WAN (U.S. regional campuses, colo’s, international backbone, Data Center Interconnects, optical ring’s) and LAN (data center network fabric, regional campus wired/wireless).
The Principal Network Engineer on the GNE team is responsible for the design, engineering, and implementation of Fidelity Investments’ switch and routed global network infrastructure with a focus on stability, automation, and innovation.
LAN/WLAN/WAN environments traversing multiple platforms, supporting Enterprise Infrastructure teams on projects including engineering and implementing new and upgrading existing network hardware, code certification as well as keeping the network secure. Additional duties include third level operational support and participation in on-call rotation.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred in Computer Science or Network Engineering fields
- 8 -12+ years of related experience
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE or other network engineer certifications preferred
- Aruba ACMA/ACMP/ACMX a plus
- CWNA or CWNE a plus
- Network security and automation experience preferred.
- Support Routed/Routing Protocols: BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VRF, VPNs
- WLAN/LAN/WAN engineering and implementation.
- Adept with 802.11 wireless technologies in an enterprise implementation
- SME for Wireless infrastructure troubleshooting.
- Support an Aruba centric WLAN environment and mixed vendor LAN and WAN
- Conduct wireless assessments, perform installation, maintenance and upgrade of Wireless infrastructure
- Implement and support a secure enterprise-wide wireless infrastructure.
- Provide recommendations for wireless network optimization, deployments and upgrades.
- Implement code upgrade/hot fixes from vendors.
- Pre/Post change verification/validation with customer.
- Documentation of sophisticated technologies and topologies using Visio.
- Support the environment in an on-call rotation.
Skills and Knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of 802.11 wireless technology standards – 802.11b/a/n/ac/ax.
- Solid experience managing wireless controllers!
- Experience with TCP/IP, including knowledge of common-service applications
- Experience engineering and supporting large scale enterprise wireless infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge configuring and supporting HPE/Aruba, Cisco routers and switches.
- Network Engineering and Troubleshooting skills
- Routed/Routing Protocols: BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VRF, VPNs
- Switched Protocols: PVST, RPVST, VxLAN
- Project management experience with enterprise
- Experience with presenting to senior leadership.
- Ability to work in a virtual environment.
- Development/Automation, scripting experience using Python or Ansible a plus.
- Experience with 802.1x configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with supporting collocated networks, Cloud Service Providers, AWS, Azure Google Cloud Platform, etc. is a plus.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.