Hackensack University Medical Center:
Nationally Recognized in Neurosciences
Neurocritical Care Neurologist
The Department of Neurology, led by Florian Thomas, MD, PhD, at Hackensack University Medical Center (HUMC), a major academic medical center within the Hackensack Meridian Health Network (HMH), seeks a full time Neurointensivist to join the Division of Neurocritical Care. The successful candidate will have completed a residency in Neurology and a UCNS accredited fellowship in Neurocritical Care.
The candidate will join a Neurocritical Care Program that is undergoing a major expansion in depth & breadth & bed capacity. HUMC is the largest of 3 principal teaching hospitals for the HMH network & the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine. In 2022, HUMC will add 75 ICU beds to its current 775 beds and 24 new ORs. HUMC has over 2,000 neuroscience admissions annually, among these over 900 for stroke (many transferred from affiliated Primary Stroke Centers), and over 1,800 neurosurgical procedures incl. neurotrauma, epilepsy, complex spine, neuro-oncology, functional, pediatric and neurovascular neurosurgery. The Departments of Neurosurgery and Neurology feature 60+ sub-specialized providers. The Comprehensive Stroke Center, Level 2 Trauma Center, Joint Commission certified programs in movement disorders, brain tumor and spine surgery, and Level 4 Epilepsy Center feed the busy neurocritical care service. We have teaching responsibilities for medical students, internal medicine, neurology, neurosurgery & nurse practitioner residents.
HMH is the largest, most comprehensive and integrated network in New Jersey with more than 500 patient care and physician practice locations throughout the state. It comprises 17 hospitals from Bergen to Ocean counties, includes 3 academic medical centers (all featuring Comprehensive Stroke Centers), has over 35,000 team members and over 7,000 physicians. HUMC is one of only 5 academic medical centers in the nation to receive Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospital’s Award for 5 consecutive years. Four HMH hospitals are among the top 10 in New Jersey by U.S. News & World Report and HUMC consistently achieves Magnet recognition for nursing excellence. HUMC is located 8 m west of Northern Manhattan.
The successful candidate will possess following qualifications:
· Excellent clinical skills
· Fellowship trained in Neurocritical Care
· Board Certified in Neurology; Board Certified/Eligible in Neurocritical Care
· Ability to obtain professional licensure, DEA and CDS licenses in New Jersey
· Track record of teaching medical students and residents
· Track record of scholarship
· Eligibility for a faculty appointment at Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine; faculty rank commensurate with experience & publication record
Neurosciences at HUMC:
· Has been recognized among the Top 50 Adult Neurology & Neurosurgery programs in U.S. News & World Report for six of the past seven years
· Has 60+ Team Members – Prominent programs include Headache, ALS, Movement Disorders, Epilepsy, Hereditary Neuropathy, Neurosurgery, Memory Disorders, Neuro-Oncology, Neuro-Ophthalmology, MS, Concussion, Stroke & Health Psychology
· Active Clinical Research Unit led by physician-director with 2 coordinators & multiple ongoing sponsored & investigator-initiated research projects in MS, Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Hereditary Neuropathy, Memory Disorder & Movement Disorders
HMH offers competitive compensation and a robust benefits package
Submit your CV for immediate consideration to
Carol A. Petite, B.S., M.T., AASPR
Corporate Physician Recruiter
T: 732.751.3569 | F: 732.361.9122 | C: 732.673.5000