Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Under direct supervision performs standard and complex intraoperative electroencephalographic studies, long-term epilepsy monitoring and evoked potential procedures in an accurate and efficient manner
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of Neurodiagnostic services
- Practices the fundamentals of AIDET to promote excellent patient care and experience
- Supports the education of the Neurodiagnostic field for students, nursing and other departments
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited Neurodiagnostic educational program that prepares for ABRET board eligibility
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
The Neurodiagnostic Technologist provides self-directed care and must be proficient and knowledgeable of all aspects of neurological testing to include: routine electroencephalographic studies, intraoperative electroencephalographic studies, and long-term epilepsy monitoring and evoked potential procedures on the neonate, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients. Candidates must also have the ability to: communicate effectively with physicians, patients, nursing staff, department heads and administrative personnel; track preventative maintenance needs of all departmental equipment; organize work and adjust priorities as needed. Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel between campuses to perform job duties. Must be able to cover variable weekends and take call in rotation.