Job Req ID: 190640
Position Number: 00160075
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: Mostly day shift, will have after hours call rotation
Standard Hours: 10.00
Department Name: Neurodiagnostics
Location: Atrium Health Pineville
Location Details: CMC Pineville, will float to other locations
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Performs routine and complex EEG's according to laboratory standards. Participates in cross-training to achieve competency in specialized neurodiagnostic procedures. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the ages, development stages, and special needs of the patients served.
- Performs routine and complex EEG procedures including portable, sleep-deprived, neonatal, and ECS studies. Demonstrates knowledge of operator's manual and equipment calibration procedures. Identifies and corrects basic equipment problems when they occur.
- Performs EEG procedures using appropriate test strategy, electrode montage parameters, and calibration and including the archive and transfer of records.
- Obtains all relevant patient information from chart history and progress notes. Maintains complete and accurate record keeping including patient data and history forms.
- Adopts methods and instrumentation to obtain optimal results based on history, clinical observations, and EEG findings.
- Adheres to standards of practice for electroencephalogram recordings. Provides accurate and complete management of EEG records including archiving.
- Assists with technical operation of specialized neurodiagnostics procedures including long term monitoring, EP, and intraoperative EP monitoring.
- Verbalizes appropriate actions to be initiated during patient medical emergency and seizure onset situations.
- Demonstrates proper infection control practices during all aspects of care. Ensures hazardous materials are properly used and stored.
Work occurs in various patient care areas including exam rooms, patient rooms, ICU, and operating rooms. Work requires standing, walking and moving/pushing heavy equipment to remote patient care areas. Their is reasonable and anticipated exposure to biohazardous materials. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe and conscientious manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Graduate from an accredited END program and 3 years experience and/or EEG registry or registry eligible. Board eligible for ABRET certification in EEG is required within 2 years of hire.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer