Position Mission: Support APG’s independent and company-owned store growth strategies defined under the New Distribution program (NDP) by completing supplier funding projects based on information submitted from field operations related to individual New “Greenfield” Store Inventories, Competitive Brand Changeover Inventory Upgrades, Change of Ownership Inventory Upgrades and Hub Store Inventory Upgrades. Reports to the Director of Operations-Systems, and works directly with, and provides back-up to the Administrative Assistant for New Distribution.
Position Performance Measures:
- Complete assigned NDP projects in an effective and timely manner.
- Execute multiple NDP projects simultaneously and in various stages of completion.
- Produce accurate and complete documentation shared with multiple support teams.
- Use established policies, procedures and tools to consistently complete NDP projects.
- Adjust schedule as necessary to keep the balance of projects on time.
- Provide feedback to and follow-up with cross-functional teams as required.
Responsibilities: The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Update Claims processing tracker/log for use by the Director of New Distribution, VP of Operations Controls and Director of Operations Systems.
- Maintain confidentiality with information and data involving supplier participation and individual NDP projects.
- Participate in NDP project update meetings to discuss open tasks, status and issues.
- Complete individual New Distribution claims (projects) in a manner consistent with NDP claims processing policies and procedures found on the NAPA Connect New Distribution webpage as defined annually by the Director of New Distribution in conjunction with the Operations Controls Department management team. This includes:
- Collaborate and follow-up with field management (i.e.: General Managers, Operations Managers, Sales Managers, New Distribution Managers, District Managers, District Operations Managers, etc.), and Headquarters cross-functional support teams (i.e.: New Distribution, Product, Finance, APAR, Operations, etc.) to complete time sensitive claims for vendor funding.
- Gathering data and other necessary information from field management
- Transforming spooled print files from JDE and/or PDF files into .csv files for further processing in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet templates specific to NDP claims processing
- Using completed Excel templates to transform data into documents suitable for APG Finance to generate:
- Supplier invoices to charge them for expected funding
- Journal Entries reallocating those funds to DC’s or company store operations
- Receiving hard copy APG AR invoices to NAPA suppliers from APG Finance and collating them with appropriate claims backup consisting of product line summaries and item level detail.
- Emailing completed claims packages (invoices with backup) to suppliers.
- In a timely manner, communicate directly with technical and non-technical support resources to overcome business or technical problems with any part of an NDP project.
- As required, escalate systemic/complex problems or departmental issues to the NDP Administrative Assistant or Director.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Advanced level of experience with certain applications within the Microsoft Office suite of products including: Excel and Word. Experience with other MS applications are a plus (PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, etc.)
- Comfortable working with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Strong inter-personal skills, dependable work ethic and high level of integrity that deliver expected results.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) appropriate for varied audiences from new, inexperienced team members to senior executives.
- Willingness to adapt and change priorities on the short term without sacrificing long term goals.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems reported by team or escalate when appropriate.
- Work performed in a typical office environment.