Aegis Technologies Group is seeking an experienced 3D Modeler / Texture Artist to join our team working on innovative Simulation, Serious Gaming, Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR and AR), and Training programs and products.
Ideal candidates will have a solid understanding of Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Substance. Experience developing for game engines is a plus.
Candidate’s portfolio should showcase a strong knowledge of the skills listed.
Candidate’s may be required to take an art test as part of the evaluation process
New Employee Success Factors:
30 Days: Demonstrate a working knowledge of the AEgis modeling/texturing process. Demonstrate ability to use the required software to an intermediate-advanced level (Maya, Max, and Photoshop). Show progression towards meeting the allotted task time frames.
60 days: Show a steady progress towards meeting or exceeding the set deadlines for each assigned task. Each new task assigned should be completed with less rework and at an increased speed over the previous similar tasks.
90 days: Complete tasks within the allotted time frames. Have minimal (below 10%) rework rate. Must not have repetitive errors of the same type on any tasks (must demonstrate that they have learned from previous errors).
Required Skills and Qualifications
- In-depth knowledge of next generation 3D modeling and texturing concepts.
- Normal mapping
- Effective polygon use
- UV layout
- Mesh optimization
- High and low polygon modeling
- Texel density
- Creativity, precision, and a strong aesthetic eye for detail
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modeling
- Ability to quickly match existing styles and techniques to create a cohesive look to the final product
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to find practical solutions
- Fluency in Maya
- Ability to learn and adapt to new workflows and methods
- Ability to complete tasks within production schedules and deadlines in an organized manner
- Openness to guidance and reviews from both creative and technical supervisor(s)
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain a Secret Level Security Clearance
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Familiarity with Unreal, Unity, VBS, Havok, CryEngine, or other game engine development products
- Character modeling, Rigging, and animation experience a plus
- Experience with MEL, CSH, Python, TCL, Perl or other scripting languages
- Strong traditional art background and skillset
- Game background and/or understanding of optimization processes
What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.