FGM Pediatrics is a group practice located in North Riverside, IL. Currently, FGM Pediatrics specializes in Pediatrics with 2 physicians. FGM is currently looking for a full-time Medical Assistant to join its team. FGM Pediatrics offers the following benefits to full-time employees: medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and paid time off.
The right candidate will help us provide exceptional patient care to all of our clients by preparing patients for physician examination, including health maintenance and sick visits. To be successful in this role, applicants must have medical assistant experience, have strong communication skills with employees, physicians, and patients, and be able to multitask.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Record patients' medical history including vital signs and medication reconciliation.
- Perform rapid strep and rapid flu testing; urine analysis by dipstick; Hemoglobin and lead screening by heel stick
- Administer vaccines
- Performing hearing and vision screening
- Administering nebulization and medication
- Daily duties to include vaccine count, temperature logging, paper chart preparation
- Answering patient phone messages regarding non-urgent pediatric care
- Ensure all lab work and referrals are completed on time
- Prepare and stock treatment rooms, bathrooms, and lab for use, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Performs other duties as directed
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completed Certified Medical Assistant program.
- Minimum of 1 year of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be available to work until 7:30 p.m. two nights per week and every other Saturday.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills.