Position: New Model Engineer
Location: Nashville, TN area
We are Activ8 Recruitment and Solutions, a recruiting company in, the United States and Canada. Our Chicago office works with many global manufacturing companies in the Midwest. A Global Manufacturing Company in the Nashville, TN area is looking for a qualified candidate for a New Model Engineer position!
- Coordinate, schedule, and communicate targets and goals for the successful launch of New Models.
- Review drawings and designs for all major and minor new model changes.
- Support feasibilities studies on new technologies, design concepts and equipment.
- Review drawings with internal team and customers to verify the design.
- Identify past model problem history, opportunities for cost savings and safety concerns.
- Communicate change points to other departments.
- Issue countermeasure request forms to R&D Department for improvements in quality, cost, delivery, safety and assembly.
- Develop and present project status updates, change points, recommendations, etc.
- Active participation in equipment design from Spec development through install.
- Attend New Model Trials.
- Identify, and document equipment/quality/process trial problems and actively support countermeasure activities.
- Communicate initial issues from build events to vendors.
- Inform team members and other Departments of project change points.
- Support quality problems and recommend countermeasures before mass production.
- Support New Model Start-Up and Mass Production.
- Respond immediately to complex issues during production.
- Utilize necessary tools to understand root causes and implement containment.
- Create problem summary and reflect on mass production issues.
- Inspect product and new model development (e.g., check tolerances, fixtures, parts, etc.).
- Update and track items; create problem summary and reflect on mass production issues.
- Conduct mass production audits for problem prevention.
- Conduct testing/sampling for quality verification.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to present to varying audiences.
- Ability to operate CAD and CATIA software.
- Ability to read drawings.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to work independently
- Possess interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
This position includes manufacturing and warehousing work environment. While performing the duties of this job you may be required to intermittently sit, stand, walk, lift up to 25 pounds, lift in excess of 25 pounds with a lift assist, climb stairs, use hands to handle or feel parts/equipment, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend at the waist, talk and hear. You may also be required to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
Ability to work in a fast-paced multicultural environment.
Direct applicants only.
We do not accept any applications from any third-party organizations or other recruiters.
This position cannot support relocation costs.