Navarre Corporation is Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business. We employ nearly 300 people across the country. We are a government contractor providing transportation services for VA Hospitals across America. We transport disabled veterans to and from their medical appointments.
Our mission is to provide quality transportation services to our country's veterans. We value our employees and do all we can to continue to provide an exceptional place of work.
- Drive provided shuttle/sedan in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Assist passengers with boarding and stowing luggage
- Ability to assist with lifting greater than 50lbs
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work various shift hours and days assigned.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
All drivers will have a starting wage of $16.52 per hour + fully paid benefits in accordance with federal regulations. Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to), 401(a) retirement contributions, 100% employer paid health, vision, dental insurance, term-life insurance policy, company provided vehicle, company provided gas card, and the potential for Overtime.
Vacation pay will be accrued at an hourly rate for a maximum of 80 hours per calendar year.
Sick Pay will be paid in accordance with Executive 13706 for Federal Contractors.
Holidays will be paid in accordance with federal law. Navarre Corporation utilizes a Flexible Holiday Pay Policy covered in our Employee Handbook.
*A clear backround check and MVR is required to proceed with employment.