Requisition ID: 33014
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
We are currently looking for a New Product Introduction Engineer to join our Tulsa, OK location. This position will work with regional Product Leadership into North American Manufacturing locations (US and Mexico); work with cross functional business partner leads (Engineering, Marketing/Merch, Procurement, Manufacturing Site, Central Manufacturing, Supply Chain, etc.) to execute new product launches seamlessly at quality, at cost, on time for specified category products and will also transition new product launches into business requirements for handoff to manufacturing plant.
- Project lead or support for factory scoping and execution for Mega, Major and model line product launches within the corresponding platform
- Provide inputs to manufacturing tollgate reviews. Support overall manufacturing readiness by tracking and addressing gaps with factory leadership
- Coordinate with factory functional leads, factory master scheduler & planning organization to plan & execute engineering builds up to start of production (SOP)
- Coordinate builds into the manufacturing production system working with functional areas & production master scheduler
- Ensure part availability, workforce requirements, safety training, internal testing, shipment of products, engineering areas for off line builds
- Coordinate internal activities, working with manufacturing functional areas
- Support post build meetings to capture issues. analysis for clarity & correction opportunities
- Lead or support factory teams to scope facility and capacity requirements
- Support implementation of the Employee Field Test (EFT) placement, working with the Field Quality Engineer
- Ensure readiness of Safe Launch activity management
- Create & manage the safe launch plan for launch evaluation
- Support factory analysis for capacity, footprint, material flow, PFEP (plan for every part), labor cost/roll up, model line-up feasibility, make vs. buy studies and equipment/tooling scheduling and CAPEX approval
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Product development, and/or project management experience
- Technical/Product Knowledge
- Advanced technical degrees
- Knowledge of Lean/ Six Sigma
- Proven success in leading projects from inception through completion with direct responsibility for execution
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Tulsa
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Social Media, Lean Six Sigma, Supply, Engineering, Marketing, Management, Operations