We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KFDA-TV NewsChannel 10 is the #1 rated television station and CBS affiliate in Amarillo, Texas. We serve an audience of 250,000 people across more than 30 counties in the Texas Panhandle, as well as parts of Oklahoma and New Mexico. We offer live news and other programming on three analog channels and are always expanding our digital reach with dotcom, mobile apps and social media.
The Digital Content Producers manage all of our digital platforms, including our website, news app, weather app, OTT apps and social media platforms. Digital Content Producers fill each platform with local, regional and trending news. Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, organized, able to work independently and can complete multiple tasks while meeting several deadlines. Candidates should be able to write in AP-style and copy edit other newsroom employees’ stories.
Digital Content Producers have the daily responsibility of maintaining NewsChannel 10’s standards for journalism and storytelling in their work, as well as monitoring NewsChannel 10 talent social media pages to ensure they follow these standards as well.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Gather information for stories through viewer messages and local social media pages
• Write daily stories for each digital platform using AP-style writing
• Post content that is relevant for our audience on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
• Conduct Facebook live videos with meteorologists and reporters
• Copy-edit web story submissions from reporters and other newsroom personnel
• Live-stream events using station technology on our website and social media platforms
• Monitor comments and messages on News Channel 10 social media platforms
• Monitor News Channel 10 talent professional social media pages
• Create unique content such as memes, videos and graphics for social media posts
• Ensure that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Excellent in written and verbal communication
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to use social media to drive users to station products.
• Ability to work effectively within a team and interact with all personnel within the organization
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.