Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
KARK/NBC & KLRT/FOX are seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to lead our news and local content team. Talent, energy, and a passion for leadership will be the attributes of our hire.
The ideal candidate will have a digital first content philosophy with an aptitude for executing multi-platform delivery. Understands and implements all social media platforms to drive consumer engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Successful candidate will be a positive, proven and effective communicator with a track record of News Department and Digital content leadership. Position will provide detailed execution of breaking news, weather strategies, and community service across all platforms.
- Management of News department including editorial leadership of content across all digital distribution points.
- Recruits, directs and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the News department
- Casts strategic vision in collaboration with station personnel to establish and reach company goals.
- Proven success models in mentoring and coaching winning news personnel.
- Achieves agreed upon viewer growth goals
- Understands and implements social media, Twitter, Facebook Live, Instagram to drive consumer engagement.
- Quick study with an understanding of local priorities, city and state leaders, and community engagement strategies.
- Leads content initiatives, assign projects, and provides accountability metrics for our newsroom.
- Tactical execution of special programming – live election coverage, political debates, community events within a state capital environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Minimum five years’ experience in news programming content gathering, with at least two years’ experience in a leadership role (Similar market size preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Dynamic leader able to convey a clear vision.
- Candidate expected to set standards for content innovation inside Nexstar Broadcasting
- Experience setting performance standards and creative expectations.
- Experience preparing and maintaining departmental budgets
- Successful delivery of long-range objectives, digital strategies, and actions to achieve goals
- Experience in teaching and directing staff to improve their knowledge and skillsets.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.