General Description: Oversee and manage television news department and staff to ensure the accurate, timely delivery of news. Plan news broadcasts by determining and scheduling all of the content that goes live. Oversee quality control, monitor stories for accuracy and ensure that broadcasting rules and regulations are followed.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Strong organizational skills required and the ability to work under heavy deadline pressure.
· Leadership and team building skills
· 5+ years of news director experience, national experience preferred
· Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and on deadline
· Attention to detail is must.
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
· Proactive and solutions focused.
· Professional appearance.
$180,000.00 - $230,000.00 /year