Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Gray Television is seeking a Photojournalist/Editor for Full Court Press, a weekly political program based in Washington, DC. This position requires a self-starter who can and will work directly with the weekly show team on news stories and provide technical support. Working knowledge and interest in Capitol Hill, politics and campaigns is a must.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Shooting video and interviews
• Editing video using Adobe Creative Suite
• Successfully light interviews in studio and field settings with often tight timelines
• Using creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
• Using studio and field equipment
• Collaborating with management in the development of broadcast content such as newscasts, promotions and teases
• Perform other duties as needed and directed
• Minimum 3 years of experience
• BA or equivalent work experience
• Ability to shoot and edit
• Excellent knowledge of non-linear editing using Adobe Creative Suite
• Knowledge of field and studio lighting
• Knowledge of TVU and LiveLink technology
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Willingness and ability to travel to various locations for news
• A valid driver’s license and a good driving record
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
*A link to candidate’s reel is required and should be included in the application.
Gray Television is an equal opportunity employer that maintains a drug‐free work place.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings