General Description: Responsible for the production of live newscasts, news shows and recorded video segments for television, and digital platforms. Coordinates with executive producers, associate producers, news directors and technical staff to ensure all content meets Newsmax standards for journalistic integrity and production quality. Must be able to contribute to editorial and creative decisions, build segments and develop story ideas from start to finish. This includes writing scripts, pre-produced packages, creating graphics elements, promos and teases. Must understand show timing. Field production experience is a plus. Must excel in a dynamic environment under deadline pressure.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
· Generate story ideas through research of news reports, social media, websites and contacts
· Strong understanding of Newsmax brand and talent
· Identify impactful news stories that result in provocative, compelling television
· Delegate responsibilities as appropriate to associate producers, assignment editors and video editors
· Produce timely content under heavy deadline pressure
· Keep current of local events and politics
· Attend editorial meetings
· Excel in a highly competitive, deadline-driven environment
· Possess strong writing skills, including ability to master tease writing
· Use sound editorial judgement and attention to detail to ensure standards
· Interact with viewers and users on social media sites
· Ability to work varying shifts, including nights, overnights, and weekends
· Integrate network marketing and promotional campaigns
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Strong writing and organizational skills required as is the ability to produce content under heavy deadline pressure.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
· Attention to detail is must.
· Ability to collect and analyze data and information accuracy as well as follow through.
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
· Proactive and solutions focused.
· Professional appearance.
· Ability to work varying shifts, including nights, overnights, holidays and weekends
$110,000.00 - $130,000.00 /year