About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KKTV is located in picturesque Downtown Colorado Springs in Colorado, and with breathtaking views of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, it's immediately easy to see why people are flocking to colorful Southern Colorado! KKTV 11 News is the Breaking News and Weather Leader in Southern Colorado, and we always put the safety of our viewers first. With more than 65 years of excellence in the community, a multitude of awards including Emmy, Murrow, and Colorado Broadcaster's Association awards, and state-of-the-art technology, being the leader in the community is integral to the culture of KKTV. Our departments work together as a team to serve our community. We are involved with local non-profits like Pikes Peak United Way and Care and Share Food Bank, and we sponsor fun events like the annual Christmas parade and balloon festival. We work hard and we also like to have fun together. Southern Colorado is our home, and we strive every day to make it an even better place to live and work.
To provide support to the producers of the newscasts in a timely and professional manner. May include gathering news facts through interviews, editing of video including reporter packages, live remotes with and without a reporter. Drive station vehicles. Occasional duties may include creating and updating content or providing live updates through social media on the scene of breaking news. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Produce top-quality video as assigned
• Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
• Good sight and hearing, excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to routinely lift and move approximately 50 pounds
• Familiarity with social media
• High degree of journalistic integrity and professionalism
• Proven ability to work well with other people and to work under pressure of a deadline
• Indoor and outdoor work in a variety of weather as well as considerable amount of time driving
• Requires use, lifting and moving of cameras, audio equipment, TVU Packs, broadcast lighting equipment, tripods, newsroom computers with dual screens, and live pack gear
• Videotape editors are responsible for editing videotape for 11 News programs
• Editor is responsible for meeting all video deadlines for assigned shows
• Constant communication with the show producer during preparation for the shows
• Videotape editors are expected to edit stories to script to ensure the best pictures for the news story
• Edit video from national feeds as well as tape shot locally in the field
• Responsible for taking daily and special feeds from KCNC in Denver and other outside sources
• Log and archive tapes from assigned shows into computer system and tape log sheets
• Responsible for putting master tapes and feed tapes away after each show
• Editor also rolls and maintains air-check tapes for assigned shows
• Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
• Ability to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
• Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
• Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
• Input music, dialogue, graphics and effects
• Create rough and final cuts
• Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
• Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
• Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
• 2 years at a broadcast station as a news photographer/ 2 years producing experience preferred
• Reporting experience a plus, remote experience desirable
• College degree in film studies, cinematography or related field preferred but not required
• Knowledge of news writing, show producing, and television news photography helpful
• Demonstrate video editing ability through a strong portfolio
• Commensurate with abilities and experience
• Newsroom leadership experience preferred but not required
• Clean driving record and a valid driver's license
• This is an hourly position with no benefits and weekend hours
• Employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory completion of the application process which includes drug screening
• KKTV E-Verify participant
► Persons interested in submitting an application for the position identified above should apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings by searching the station call letters and attach resume.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.