Located in downtown Minneapolis, Hennepin Healthcare (HCMC) is Minnesota's premier Level 1 Adult Trauma Center and Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center. Committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families and staff, HCMC offers primary care and retail clinics throughout the Hennepin County metro area. We partner with our community, our patients and their families to ensure access to outstanding care. Our mission is to improve health and wellness through patient and community education, teaching and research.
Position is responsible for developing and managing a specified healthcare program and/or services and will supervise Next Step Youth Program Developers and Youth Program Mentors. Works as a matrix partner with other parts of the organization in order to deliver appropriate services to patients.
Next Step is a hospital-based violence intervention program partnership between the City of Minneapolis and Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC). The program serves victims of violent injury (e.g. gunshot, stabbing, serious assault) ages 12-28 who have been treated at HCMC. The Program Manager is responsible for developing, expanding and managing the Next Step program and personnel.
- Staff supervision
- Case consultation (suggesting resources for staff to pursue for specific participant needs as necessary; processing difficult participant situations with staff; working through staff decision making; etc.)
- Ongoing best practices training for staff
- Performance management for PT and FT staff (regular performance reviews, any necessary discipline actions)
- Creating and overseeing schedules for FT and PT staff
- Planning and leading regular staff meetings with PT and FT staff
- Financial management/budgeting - decision making about program spending, preparing annual budgets, monitoring spending, and working with HCMC
- Finance on ongoing budget projections
- Grant/contract management duties - communication with OJP grant manager, report writing and submission through online reporting system, etc.
- Program outcome tracking and reporting - overseeing reporting database, pulling and interpreting reports, translating database information into other reports and formats as necessary
- In-hospital program outreach and representation; serving as a buffer and problem solver between Next Step staff and hospital staff
- Overseeing successful cross-hospital relationship, including planning and leading joint HCMC/North Memorial Next Step project team meetings
- Community outreach, education, and awareness
- Relationship management with funders and community partners
- Representing Next Step to the media, public officials, community leaders, etc.
- Participating in broader violence prevention coalition efforts with other providers/systems
- Oversee volunteer recruitment and activities
- Recruiting, hiring, and training FT and PT staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services or healthcare-related field
- Five (5) years of experience in social services or health care
- An approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and trust with youth and young adults
- Knowledge of community resources for youth, including housing, education, employment, safety, legal and family resources.
- Knowledge of hospital services, patient flows, healthcare requirements and processes.
- Skilled at building partnerships and enduring relationships within the organization and with external stakeholders
- Ability to plan and manage a major project, manage a budget and motivate others.
Leadership Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to effectively manage company resources (i.e. budget and personnel)
- Skilled in overseeing the efforts of high-level department individuals
- Superb ability to motivate employees and inspire positive change within department
- Innovative thinker; Ability to contribute new ideas that support organizational goals
- Skilled in managerial duties (i.e. hiring, firing, performance appraisals, pay reviews)
- Skilled in modeling company values through daily interactions within the department, particularly with regards to health and safety
- Capable of supporting the work of the department
- High standard of ethics, discipline, and professionalism
- Skilled in fostering a positive workplace culture and building inclusive workplace teams
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare (HCMC) for your employment. HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We’re driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for your consideration in submitting an application.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.