The Area Manager will provide oversight of all contracted services across multiple sites within a geographic region. The Area Manager will be responsible to build strong client partnerships and drive operational excellence to ensure those sites within the region are meeting or exceeding client expectations. Ideal candidates will possess a positive, can-do attitude and have a passion for helping others be successful. In this role, you will partner and consult with the local operations team, the national team and the client to drive win-win solutions. Successful candidates will bring a customer focused mindset as well as possess strong business and financial acumen skills. You will also provide support, direction and coaching to the site managers at each location.
- Assist in directing the management of employees within a facility to maintain the highest possible standards, good customer relations.
- Assist in the hiring, evaluation and disciplining of housekeeping employees; prepare work schedules and maintain adequate staffing.
- Inspect cleanliness of cleanable square foot within the facility and take corrective action where necessary.
- Assist in developing a stable, competent work force and encourage personal growth of all personnel through periodic evaluation and review.
- Assist in controlling the following costs for all departments; Payroll, Supplies and Expenses; order supplies, check shipments, conduct inventories; monitor supply usage for appropriateness and efficiency.
- Assist in maintaining all controls for each of the GUARDIAN programs, to include: Operations Logs and Records, Housekeeping Records, Weekly Inspections, Monthly Summary, Monthly Joint Review Meetings, and Safety in accordance with GUARDIAN SERVICE INDUSTRIES and the facility's directives.
- Makes daily decisions regarding time management (must have a sense of urgency), upholding product quality, cleanliness and company standards.
- Understands cost control procedures, inventory levels and labor management.
- Good communication, leadership and team building skills
- Setting up shift board and personnel positioning
- Responsible for receiving deliveries and following all security procedures
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience in a service-related field with high customer/client contact.
- Three to five years of custodial, facilities, or other closely related industry experience required.
- Strong service/quality attitude.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and achieve effective time management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Sense of urgency & ability to meet deadlines; self-directed.
Long Island City, NY 11106 US