The purpose of a NIGHT AUDITOR is to compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Initiate and complete the End of Day process.
- Run all reports as required for Food and Beverage audit.
- Complete the Night Audit checklist for computer procedures daily.
- Balance the day’s work.
- Maintain cashiering responsibilities as per Front Office procedures.
- Maintain Front Office computer system operation.
- Fulfill all Front Office functions between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Handle and follow through on all guest requests daily from 11:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Follow safety and emergency procedures.
- Maintain proper record keeping (i.e., log books, etc.).
- Be familiar with all policies and house rules.
- Complete the initial direct bills, daily, and place on the Property Accountant's desk; Attach all folio/banquet check back-up to the bills.
- Maintain radio contact with other employees during entire shift.
- Have a working knowledge of security procedures.
- Ensure employees are at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Prepare and distribute the Daily Flash Report.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred. Completions of Bartender's school or course preferred.
What to Expect
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career.
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work.
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done.
- Be recognized for excellence.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.