- Prepare daily Restaurant Revenue Report data by auditing Micros tape/journals to breakdown revenue, covers, waiters' fees, tips paid out and settlements by type and cashier.
- Run and audit/journals from the mainframe, the Micros computer, and the system for automated credit cards.
- Make corrections and adjustments and handle all computer problems that might occur throughout the shift.
- Input onto the PC revenue/expenses/allowance to generate the daily reports such as the Guest Ledger Summary and the Daily Restaurant Summary.
- Balance all revenue and settlement accounts nightly, maintain files and reset the system for next day operations.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Ensure all reports and back-up vouchers are complete and files properly.
- Ensure all necessary copies of documents/back-up and reports of daily work are distributed to the propert person (i.e. A/R, A/P, and Payroll).
- Review and correct discrepancies in the Front Desk System.
- Coordinate with the front desk and restaurant/bar closing to facilitate a smooth operation of file maintenance and rest of system totals for next day operations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of accounting operations to include all aspects such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to operate a 10-key by touch.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to understand and communicate with employees and guests. Must have excellent telephone etiquette skills.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the functions of the job.
One-year experience in a similar size operation required. Hotel experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).