About our Company:
Martin Resorts is a collection of premier hotels on the Central Coast of California. Since its founding, it began with a simple vision from Tom Martin that the company holds close to its heart every day. With everything that the company does, the mission, vision, and values are the centerpiece for driving our team members and providing the best guest experience at our hotels in San Luis Obispo.
The mission of Martin Resorts is to promote a contagious spirit of hospitality enriching the lives of our employees, our guests, and our community, one experience at a time. The five core values that our team members live by every day include:
- Leadership: Do the right thing when no one is looking, and accept ownership in everything we do.
- Empowerment: Developed by trust, training, support, and respect.
- Authentic: Genuine service, people and experiences.
- Distinction: Continuous pursuit of the highest standards-going above and beyond.
- +HUMM: Working together and supporting one another as a team to achieve extraordinary results.
As Night Audit, you uphold a positive, productive demeanor to support the hotels front and back office including customer service, record keeping, telephone operations, reservations, and other related activities. You are enthusiastic about an efficient execution of accounting tasks related to the front office, audit, and reservations departments.
Responsibilities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Accurately complete all audit work including balance of posted cash, restaurant revenues, hotel revenue and credit cards.
- Complete all daily revenue reports and alert Front Office Manager of all discrepancies.
- Communicate with other departments, including sending and receiving regularly scheduled reports.
- Contact on property security as needed to handle disturbances.
- Coordinate guest needs with maintenance and housekeeping departments.
- Receive and route incoming telephone calls in an efficient, friendly manner.
- Accurately post charges to guest accounts.
- Efficiently check-in or check-out guests as needed.
- Maintain the confidentiality of proprietary company information, including but not limited to, hotel performance statistics, information about agreements with clients, information about prospective business, hotel financial information and employee personal and salary information throughout and after employment by the hotel.
- Be knowledgeable on hotel safety, security, and emergency procedures.
- Maintain the security of guest room and administrative keys.
- Attention to Detail
- Possess Customer Focus
- Friendly and Enthusiastic Personality
- Highly Organized
Experience and Education:
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Hospitality experience preferred.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds frequently to assist guests
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to hear, understand and communicate orally and in writing to communicate with staff, vendors and guests a normal in-person and phone conversation
- Ability to bend and twist, push and pull, stoop, and kneel
- Ascend and descend a ladder