Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
Highgate, in partnership with Major Food Group, has announced plans to open The Newbury Boston at One Newbury Street, located in the premier shopping and dining neighborhood of Boston’s Back Bay. This iconic property originally opened in 1927 as one of the first Ritz-Carlton hotels in the U.S. and most recently was the Taj Boston. The building will be thoughtfully transformed into a 286-room luxury hotel with 16,000-sq-ft of stunning event spaces, signature dining experiences and a reimagined front entrance on Newbury Street.
The Night Manager is responsible for ensuring that all daily reports are generated, daily revenues are balanced, express checkouts are processed efficiently and guests needing assistance during the shift are accommodated. The Night Manager is tasked with developing positive relationships amongst all associates and departments that work o the overnight shift. The Night Manager is responsible for ensuring all assigned tasks of any overnight position are completed as assigned. The Night Manager will provide the management team with accurate and reliable information needed to make effective operational decisions.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Oversee the entire operation on the overnight, including, but not limited to the Front Desk, PBX, In Room Dining, Stewarding, Culinary, Housekeeping, Valet, and Overnight cleaning company.
- Ensure projects assigned to various departments on the overnight are completed as assigned.
- Foster a great team experience on the overnight shift where regular team meetings are arranged.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Check guests in and out.
- Handle and take reservations.
- Handle guest’s special requests and customer complaints during shift.
- Perform all other front desk duties and responsibilities.
- Investigate and handle complaints, disturbances, emergencies, etc. during shift.
- Perform some Night Audit functions, able to review all Night Audit related functions and able to produce Night Audit reports.
- Assist in the preparation of Night Audit month-end reports, including in-house movie reports, house account summary, phone summary, etc.
- Interview, train, supervise and develop Night Audit staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Prepare, copy, and distribute reports as required.
- Handle special guest requests.
- Monitor and prepare Night Audit reports in accordance with Highgate Hotel’s requirements meeting various due dates and deadlines, i.e.,
Daily: City Ledger Transfers Daily Operating Report (Flash Report)
Weekly: Weekly Flash Report
Monthly: Monthly Phone Summary Monthly In-House Movies Summary
- Attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
Night Audit Meeting Departmental Safety Committee
Education & Experience:
- 2 years of Front Office/Night Manager experience in a luxury hotel required
- 4-year college degree; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.