Expand Your Skills and Experience and Build a Career Home with a Global industry Leader
As Long as You Have Relevant Telecom Skills, We'll Teach You Data CentersThis is a unique opportunity to build your résumé and launch a career with one of the largest providers of full-service data center solutions. Northern Virginia is the largest data center market in the US, and Digital Realty operates more than 30 in this area alone. You'll contribute to a variety of activities, including installing cross-connects and circuits, monitoring the ticketing system and working with customers. We are proactive about team building as well as professional development and, as Digital Realty continues to grow, we'll be looking for proven performers to move up. We offer a competitive wage, overtime and bonus potential, along with comprehensive benefits.
We're currently hiring for the night shift, which runs Monday through Friday from 11 PM to 7:30 AM.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Telecom/Data Center Technician II opportunity, you will have:
- 3+ years of technical experience in a data center / telecom environment (e.g., call center, help desk or Network Operations Center).
- Proven strong problem determination/troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with servers, routers, switches, hubs and networking equipment is a plus.
- A commitment to quality and the motivation and ability to work well in a team environment.
- The ability to use hand tools (e.g., wire strippers, scissors, punch down tools).