Class 1 Operators support the company through safe, legal and courteous driving of equipment to and from job locations. Class 1 Operators work under the directions of ANS operations and play a vital role in operations.
Class 1 Operators are expected to understand and conform to DOT and ANS policies and procedures.
Class 1 Operators are expected to assist with rig up, rig down, load and unload bulk nitrogen tanks and get equipment ready to go before and after jobs.
Class 1 Operators are expected to ensure that all DOT and company policies regarding safe operations and maintenance of the equipment are followed.
Class 1 Operators are in the beginning phase of learning the operations of pumping equipment and job site staging and rig up procedures.
Class 1 Operators report to manager and field supervisor and at times will report to lead operator on location.
• Perform all duties of a Nitrogen Transport Driver (refer to 3-ANS-OPS-0040-P)
• Work alongside mechanics, Field Supervisor, Class 4 Operators, etc to learn maintenance and
minor repairs on equipment (changing fluids, changing filters, Checking fluid levels, etc)
• Able to identify job site hazards and how to communicate the hazards by properly documenting
the hazards on the JSA for the pre-job safety meeting
• Observed and helped with changing out boost pump and cold ends
• Able to identify proper rig up fittings and usage
• Provide ground support during pumping operations
• Work alongside Field Supervisor and lead operator on location during the lock out tag out process to learn how to complete
• Work alongside Field Supervisor and lead operator on location when completing job packet
paperwork documentation to learn how to complete
• Work alongside Field Supervisor and lead operator on location during the rig up process to learn how to properly rig up the pumper and chart recorder
• Clean and maintain all equipment on return from job
• Observe and help with checking certification dates on all equipment learning the parameters
(hose, iron, SRV's, etc)
• Help with housekeeping (yard, office, shop, equipment, etc)
• Observe and learn how to read and verify job sheet before job
• Complete other duties as assigned
• Certified on one pumper from home district
• Effective communication skills
• Good listening skills
• Ask questions
• Efficient computer skills
• Have and maintain current TWIC card
• Valid driver's license
• Team player
• Note taking skills
• Maintains positive "can do" attitude and self control at all times
• Use email on phone
• Understand proper use of Stop Work Authority
• Know and follow Airgas policies and procedures
• Know Nitrogen Basics Book
• Take initiative, if you see something needing attention do it
• Recognize Hot or Cold tank status and how to address
• Carry and answer cell phone 24/7
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability