Ready Mix Delivery Apprentice/ Company Paid CDL Program
Superior Concrete Materials, a subsidiary of U.S. Concrete, Inc. is a provider of choice for Ready-Mix Concrete in the Washington D.C. and Northern V.A. metro area.
CDL Scholarship & Driver Apprentice Program Company paid CDL Program that sponsors individuals to obtain their Class B CDL license. Selected candidates will attend CDL School. After successfully obtaining a Class B CDL license, a guaranteed offer of employment will be presented.
Certified Delivery Professional Job Summary -Responsible for the loading and delivery of ready-mix concrete and other associated products to construction job sites in a safe and efficient manner.
Certified Delivery Professional Essential Duties and Responsibilities-
- Prepares truck for operation by inspecting general condition; checking fluid levels and tire pressure; obtaining or scheduling required repairs; validating adherence to roadability standards in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Loads truck with ready mix concrete according to prescribed procedures, including charging hopper and checking slump.
- Delivers items by identifying destinations; establishing route; operating the truck; maintaining schedule.
- Discharge concrete, involving removing extension chutes, placing on main chute, driving in and out of areas with heavy pedestrian traffic and various construction obstacles.
- Wash residual concrete from truck.
- Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations; cleans truck exterior and interior.
- Maintains delivery, truck, and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgments; recording tracking information; completing driver log and truck performance forms.
- Minimum age of 18.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid driver's license for one year.
- Good driving record required with no moving violations for three years.
- Ability to pass drug & alcohol test.
- Ability to obtain DOT medical card.
- Ability to life 60 lbs.
- One of the best 401K plans in the DC Metro area, availability directly after hire!
- Excellent medical, dental, life, and disability insurances.
- Generous vacation plan.
- Aggressive pay scale plan to get good performers to top pay quickly.
- Year-round work!
US Concrete is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Drug free workplace.