We pride ourselves on our amazing team, the driving force behind our growth and our awesome brand. As a member of the Network Operations Center (NOC) team, you will provide day-to-day network monitoring and support as well as receiving escalations from both customers and internal groups. This interaction can range from opening, following-up and closing trouble tickets, via phone or email, to acting as a liaison between customers, providers and Nitel’s Engineering team, to resolve network problems. This role is the front line of technical communication with our clients and field staff. The NOC is responsible full resolution of all trouble tickets.
what you’ll do
- Support 24x7 engineer on-call requirements.
- Monitor NMS for faults and alerts, as well as enhancement/refinement of NMS to provide more insight into production.
- Serve as primary initial responder within the NOC in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving network problems.
- Experience in NOC operations and process management.
- Document all network-related activities in ticketing system.
- Variety of systems, applications and tools background in NOC environment.
- Provide Technical support for Telecom Transport services Copper, Coax, Fiber, Wireless and Ethernet facilities.
- Provide a single point of interface to internal and external clients on issues pertaining to our MPLS, Internet, Security, VoIP, and other Managed Services.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the continued success of self, team, department, and company.
- May provide technical supervision to lower level engineers and technicians.
what you’ll bring to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree required in a technical discipline (Network Engineering, Computer Networking or related field)
- Relevant experience of 5 - 8 years
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Experience in NOC operations and process management
- Ability and availability to be on-call 24 hours a day on a rotating schedule
- Knowledge and usage of SevOne, Solarwinds and Cacti or similar monitoring tools
- Strong Layer 2/3 Routing/Switching knowledge in both an Enterprise and Service Provider environment
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex network routing problems on Cisco based MPLS networks with BGP, OSPF, and Multicast protocols
- Hands-on experience with Networking/Security hardware. (Adtran, Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, Barracuda)
- Hands-on experience with VoIP technologies (configuration, troubleshooting)
- Hands-on experience with SDWAN technologies (configuration, troubleshooting)
- Hands-on experience with firewall configuration, security analysis, pen threat mitigation and security best practices
- Hands-on experience in packet analysis using Wireshark or similar packet capture toolsets
- Hands-on command line experience in initial router/firewall configuration, and handling post installation configuration requests for network augments and complex network enhancements
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills as well as the ability to be detail-oriented
- Current Cisco CCNP, Juniper JNCIP track, or CISSP certification a plus
what we value
- Love the customer
- Challenge the status quo
- Dream big
- Lead, learn and develop
- Think like an owner
- Get it done