M-F 8-5 with on call rotation every 3-4 weeks
Voice or data provider experience and/or managed service experience preferred
9k/ASR experience preferred (big box)
This position provides in depth support of Transport, IP and Ethernet Networks. The Engineer will have extensive knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within one of the functional areas of the organization, identified in the Skill Matrix provided below. The Position may operate with considerable latitude for unsupervised action or decision. May design, develop, test and implement all components, equipment, and software within the functional area of the organization. The position may perform administrative work relating to projects and assignments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical and analytical support in determining the root cause of network problems and implement action plans to resolve potential or active Network impacting issues.
- Work with Network Planning, Product Management and Operations teams to improve network reliability and to ensure NOC / Operations support new products.
- Assist other technicians with their technical development in the use of monitoring tools, network structure and theory.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems affecting network performance that have been escalated and unresolved within the NOC teams.
- Provide assistance and support to other team member as required during critical outages.
- Utilizes high level of communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships
- Performs analysis and studies to determine requirements, immediate and long-range plans, designs and testing best practices.
- Assist NOC Change Management team as required to determine customers impacted and effect during network maintenance and grooming.
- Drafts Internal Technical Service Bulletins.
- Develop and Teach Classes to NOC Analyst I, II & III members to maintain highest level of technical knowledge on team.
- Perform any other duties assigned by NOC supervisor or Manager.
- Education: College degree in Engineering or a related field and 3-5 years professional level experience; or 6+ years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required.
- Experience: 6+ years troubleshooting higher level Network Hardware and provisioning. 6+ years in network operations environment or related job. Extensive understanding of either the Data or Transport disciplines in the Skill Matrix.
- Key Competencies: Demonstrated highly motivated self-starter. Demonstrated strong research and testing abilities. Demonstrated analytical skills
Extensive experience with Ethernet/TCP/IP Networking
MPLS, BGP, iBGP, eBGP, OSPF
SNMP, UDP, IMAP, DNS, RADIUS (AAA), LDAP, NTP and SMTP
TACACS, TACACS+, Radius.
Ethernet and Mobile Backhaul Experience is desired.
CCNA, JNCIA, Metro E CEF certifications desired
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178