Job Title: NOC Technician - Thurs-Sun
Schedule: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (12am - 10:30am)
Location: Buffalo, NY and Vicinity (14215)
Job Type: Direct Hire – Full Time – Complete Benefit Package
Compensation: $21 – $25 an hour + Excellent Benefits + Stock Sharing + OT
Key Words: Network, Operations, LAN, WAN, Server, Hardware, Windows, A+, Server+, JCL, UNIX, Microsoft, Backup, OS, Active Directory, Exchange Server, VmWare, Citrix, SCCM,
Job Summary Essential Functions:
This position is dedicated to a client onsite 24 x 7 computer operations data center. It is a team environment that performs basic function of monitoring and controlling host and/or client server systems. This position serves as the single point of contact for any system outages. Requires the flexibility to work additional shifts. Able to lift up to 70 pounds and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ensures the timely distribution of reports to all corporate departments and sites
- Monitors LAN/WAN environment
- Monitors all systems to ensure availability of online applications, network components, reporting, and adherence to production batch schedules. Reports all exceptions to Lead Operator.
- Reports all incidents/problems to Service Desk, and assist as tier 1 level support on Data Center related incidents/problems
- Coordinates off-site rotation of backup files and participate in all internal reporting practices as well as shift turnover
- Serves as “backup” to Lead Operator and Service Desk analyst position
- Addresses all problems according to Service Desk procedures
- Communicates issues to Lead Operator
- Interfaces frequently with IS associates and periodically with internal departments
This list of duties and responsibilities is not meant to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management deems necessary.
Technology and Skill Requirements
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office/Access/Project/Visio,
Basic knowledge of Windows server hardware and OS troubleshooting
Basic knowledge of LAN/WAN, Internet/Intranet, JCL, Unix
A+ Certification or the ability to obtain it
Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate professionally with customers and internal staff
Ability to learn many different technologies
Effective problem-solving skills that support and enable sound decision making
Associates Degree in MIS, CS or related field or 2 years of applicable computer operations experience. Or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge and ability to do the job. A+ Certification or the ability to obtain it.
Ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds
Flexibility to cover additional shifts if needed is required
Ability to travel occasionally
General office environment - NOC (Server Room)