PCM is a leading IT provider of technology solutions including hardware products, software, services and consulting in most industries including small, medium, enterprise and public sector organizations throughout the US, Canada, Europe and beyond. We were founded in 1987 and have grown to 4,100+ employees.
Our comprehensive expertise and proven experience in emerging, advanced and legacy technologies stands out in a crowded market. We leverage our vast array of certified personnel, valuable partnerships, mature process and scale to achieve our clients IT objectives and position them for future success.
Our business IT strategists, market specialists and technical engineers are trained to listen to, learn from and enable our customers’ success.
PCM offers exceptional procurement and logistics for a broad range of IT products. We provide consulting and implementation services delivered through more than 1,400 service engineers. With PCM, you have a rich array of managed, professional and operational services to lower your organization’s operating costs, increase business agility, improve overall efficiency, and help you succeed in today’s global economy.
Job Summary:This position contributes to a 24/7 Network Operations Center within the Managed Services group. The NOC Technician is responsible for accurately identifying and resolving failures and potential issues while maintaining accurate documentation and executing maintenance and administrative activities.
(*This is not a telecom networking position)
Minimum Knowledge required:
- Associates degree or above
- Strong knowledge and experience supporting Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, and 2012 (or Networks) a MUST
- 3+ years working in an enterprise IT environment, that includes administration, support and implementation of servers, networks, databases and storage assets.
- 3+ years working in an IT Support environment.
- 3+ years supporting IT Infrastructure and Network technologies.
IT Infrastructure support and experience in one or more of the following technology areas is a plus:
- Data Network: Cisco switches, routers and firewalls
- Voice Networks
- Servers: Microsoft, Unix, Linux
- Server Virtualization
- Storage: SAN/LAN, Data Protection
- Security Infrastructure
- Messaging Services: Exchange
- IT / Cisco / Microsoft Certifications a plus – Any specific Certs
Essential Duties:Other duties may be assigned. These duties are representative of the duties and skills required, but all personnel may be required to perform duties outside of the normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Utilize all available internal and vendor resources to identify and resolve issues within customer service level agreements and expectations
- Administer servers and resolve system level issues.
Complete scheduled maintenance, management and network administration activities on system and network devices and infrastructure to include:
- Daily preventative maintenance checks and services
- Moves, Adds, Changes, Deletes on systems, application, and infrastructure services
- Patch management and application
- Change Management administration and execution
- Coordinate with Field Service Engineers to resolve issues requiring onsite dispatch
- Help identify recurring performance issues
- Provide performance reporting on covered devices
- Provide NOC Desk Analyst services during schedule gaps
- Work directly with other NOC Analyst 1 and Engineering (Level 3) resources for issue resolution
- Provide direct communication to affected users and companies on outages and maintenance activities
- Maintain detailed notes within PCM systems on all issue resolution activities
- Maintain customer technical information within defined documentation standards
- Obtain/maintain technical/professional certifications applicable to position or as directed
- Manage and maintain monitoring and alerting systems
Other Skills and Abilities required:
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships)
- Strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task as necessary
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong organizational skills
- Occasional overtime may be required
Why work for Us?
We offer an environment for career-driven individuals seeking to make a solid contribution to our company objectives and their own career enhancement. If you want to work in a challenging, performance-based environment and be rewarded for your efforts, then PCM is the place to build your career.
PCM offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K with a company match and medical/dental benefits as well as an Employee Purchase Plan, company sponsored discount programs and paid time off.
PCM is more than an IT provider: we are a trusted technology partner for thousands of businesses across the country specializing in cloud, data center, mobility, networking, security, and software solutions.PCM: The right technology, delivered!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: PCM extends offers of employment only to qualified candidates who have applied for a position using our official application through our career site, iCims. Please be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment or "phishing" actions that may come from individuals or entities impersonating PCM. PCM will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Once employment has been confirmed and as part of the onboarding process, new hires will receive instructions from PCM to set up their direct deposit information from our payroll department.