Come Join Our Team! DKW Communications, Inc. (DKW) is a federal government contractor providing professional and technical services to various government agencies i.e. defense, law enforcement and security. We are currently seeking a Tier 1 NOC Technician to join our team. This position will support our government customer located in Washington, DC.
DKW manages and operates a Top Secret (TS)/Special Compartmentalized Information (SCI) Network Operations Center for a Secure Teleconferencing System and a Crisis Management Network (CMN -Secure Fax machines) on a 24/7/365 basis. This network is monitored using Solarwinds. DKWpersonnel performs customer support (Tier I) through the management and operation of a Help Desk, where we support interactions with customers who may have issues regarding equipment on the network.
- The individual hired for this position will be the 4th technician on duty. The hours will be: Monday – Friday, 8 hour shift, between 7am and 6pm.
Duties will include:
- Tracking problems using a ticketing system (Issue Trak)
- Troubleshooting equipment and system failures
- Application settings and configurations
- Rapid interaction with remote sites and support agencies
- Monitoring LAN/WAN links to ensure quality connectivity throughout the secure network
- Resolving LAN/WAN equipment failures through efficient problem resolution.
- MUSThave an active Top Secret security clearancew/ SCI eligibility(Active TS/SCI is stronglypreferred).
- Must have one of the following certifications: A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security +, CCNA Security, SSCP
- Experience with one or more of the following: Solarwinds, Ticketing systems (such as Issue Trak), VNC, or Network Operations Center.
- Network/Telecommunications experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail & excellent organizational skills.
**All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.**