DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: 7on/7off
Nocturnist - Full-Time - MidState Medical Center
We are seeking a Nocturnist to serve as an Admitting and Cross-coverage physician, on a block 7on/7off schedule. We have an average of 8 admissions per night shift, shared between two Nocturnists. Each nocturnist covers up to 56 beds on cross coverage, which are two units. The Nocturnist responds to RRTs and non-ICU codes. The night shift is staffed with two nocturnists a night. The ICU is closed with 24h APRN coverage. The Nocturnist will not need to see patients in the ICU. If a patient needs ICU transfer, the APRN will consult and transfer the patient to the ICU. No procedures will be required. There are two-night shift times, 6pm-6am and 8pm-8am. The attrition rate of this program is very low, with hospitalists at Midstate Medical Center for 10+ years.
Our Hospitalists enjoy:
Highly competitive pay + Quality and RVU incentives
401K, paid time-off, holiday time-off, CME time and CME funds
Professional growth opportunities through the Physician Leadership Development Institute (PLDI)
Hartford HealthCare (HHC) is the largest integrated health care system in Connecticut and includes five hospitals, a large multi-specialty medical group, the largest behavioral health network in Connecticut, senior care services and a rehabilitation network. We offer a clinically advanced and stimulating work environment in which to grow your career.
MidState Medical Center is a 156-bed acute care hospital located in Meriden, CT and affiliated with Hartford HealthCare, the largest integrated health care system in Connecticut. Our state-of-the-art new hospital facility offers leading edge clinical services, a supportive medical community and a well-established practice.
- Modern facility boasts an efficient surgical suite w/ state of the art equipment, including robotics and surgical Physician Assistants
- Medical Office Building located on the Hospital campus
- Our providers have the stability and resources of the largest health care system in CT, while enjoying the local management and operation of a community-based medical practice.
- Experienced, supportive colleagues in the Meriden medical community and throughout the system.
- Robust referral stream.
- Access to and support from Hartford Hospital, the tertiary care center for the system.
- Medical staff of 335 physicians and specialty services that include Balance Institute, Cancer Center, Diabetes and Nutrition Center, Digestive Health Center, Emergency and Urgent Care Centers, Birthing Center, Heart Center, Sleep Center, Spine and Pain Institute, Stroke Center and Wound and Hyperbaric Center.
We are seeking a Nocturnist to serve as a rounding/admitting physician for Attending Medical Staff. The Hospitalist is responsible for the clinical management of patients, assuring timely communication and comprehensive collaboration, and is also responsible for Inpatient Management/Hospital based medical care. This position will have selected administrative responsibilities such as required committee work, quality improvement activities, and teaching responsibilities for both staff and the community.
Our Hospitalists are deeply committed to quality care and enjoy:
· Highly competitive pay with incentives and generous benefits including 401K, paid time off, and CME
· Abundant teaching and professional growth opportunities
· A strong network of experienced colleagues committed to your success
· Rewarding and challenging mix of patients
Physician Board Certified/Board Eligible in Internal Medicine with experience in managing acutely ill adult patients with a variety of chronic illnesses.
Interested candidates should contact Jonathan Nye at email@example.com