Our story began with a passionate idea that we could change the world.... And to be honest, we’ve never stopped believing that... In 1986 it was a simple concept that microbiology teamed with innovation and clinical contribution could eliminate an issue that was profoundly impacting the healthcare industry – HIV acquired through needle-stick injuries.
In Australia, we lived out our dream. Investing years into R&D to create the safest containment system in the world and taking on the industry status quo to petition for higher standards in sharps protection, we witnessed an 80+ percent reduction in disposal-related needlestick injuries nationwide. And then we kept going...
Today Daniels Health, led by our founding visionary Dan Daniels, is working across healthcare facilities globally to usher in a new minimum standard in sharps and medical waste management. Bringing safety and infection control to the forefront of healthcare waste management, and ensuring KPI’s of cost, waste volume, and environmental impact is a shared responsibility between the waste generator and its Daniels partnership, Daniels Health is bringing healthcare waste back into the clinical spotlight.
In 32 years, from a home garage with nothing but makeshift PVC waste tubes and an irrepressible dream, Daniels has grown to become one of the most influential healthcare service companies in the world. Its safe practices have become the benchmark of global standards, its robotic washing and treatment technologies have achieved unprecedented levels of decontamination efficacy, and its products are esteemed unrivaled industry-wide in the protection of the safety of healthcare workers. We are collectively and passionately committed to Making Healthcare Safer.
- Properly maintain vehicle; request maintenance if needed; perform daily cleaning
- Perform safety checks before and after delivery
- Coordinate delivery of service containers to customers
- Be alert to obstructed or damaged containers
- Prepare truck for operation by inspecting general condition; checking fluid levels and tire pressure; obtaining or scheduling required repairs; validating adherence to road ability standards
- Loads truck by placing and securing items
- Delivers items by identifying destinations; establishing route; operating the truck; unloading items; maintaining schedule
- Servers customers by understanding and resolving or forwarding complaints; adjusting orders
- Maintains safer operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures and standards ,as well as state and local driving rules and regulations; cleans truck exterior and interior
- Maintains delivery, truck, and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgments; recording tracking information; completing driver log and truck performance forms
- Comply with all environmental & health and safety federal, state, local regulations and company policies
- 6 months of verifiable, related behind the wheel commercial driving experience (within the last 12 months)
- Clean 10 year DMV (dated within last 30 days)
- Ability to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records
- Ability to drive the vehicle safely
- Ability and knowledge to safely load and properly block, brace, and secure the cargo
- Pass a driver's road test or equivalent
- Possess (or obtain) a valid DOT medical certificate
- Occasionally working in space restrictive areas
- Occasionally lifting, pushing pulling weights of sixty (100) pounds or more
- Occasionally bending, twisting, and turning while lifting weights of less than fifty (50) pounds
- Walking of two (2) or more miles per day
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to recognize colors (red, green and amber) of traffic signals
- Has hearing to perceive a forced whisper.
Daniels is an EEO Affirmative Action Employer
Daniels Health is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.