We are in need of people who are hardworking, and energetic. This a great opportunity for anyone interested in earning good pay and a job in which you stay active.Coleman Worldwide Moving has been in business since 1914 with 106+ years of experience and we invite you to come join OUR TEAM! Coleman Worldwide Moving is Allied Van Lines largest Agent and we are proud to be an Employer the Omaha metro area.
- Ideal Summer Job for College Students, and we offer a summer scholarship as well for those continuing in their education.
- The minimum age of 17 for employment!
- Team oriented and Independent work environment each day! No factories or work lines!
- Conditions allow for an active work atmosphere each day and to work with diversity among Team Members and Customers.
- Many of our Customers are Military Service Members that allow us opportunity to serve back to those that sacrifice for us!
- Holiday Pay after 90 days (including Seasonable Associates) for 6 of the major annual holidays per year.
College Students--We also offer a summer Intern SCHOLARSHIP Program!
- Coleman Worldwide Moving proudly supports post-secondary education in our communities and will offer the following scholarship program to qualifying summer interns to assist them with tuition in the coming year. Funding amounts are paid out directly to the Associate to assist with their various student expenses.
- $500 scholarship* towards your post-secondary education for the first** full summer internship.
- $750 scholarship* towards your post-secondary education for the second** full summer internship
- $1,000 scholarship* towards your post-secondary education for the third** or more full summer internship
- Must be summer seasonal Associate employed as Mover, Helper, Packer, Driver, Warehouseman, or other Service Center Operational, non-management position.
- Must show proof of enrollment in school for Fall 2020 classes.
- Must work full time from May 1st thru August 31st (accommodations made for school dates).
- Supervisor acknowledgement of good work performance and attendance also required.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Drive small to medium sized (U Haul type) non-CDL trucks to and from jobsites
- Moving, packing and loading of household goods in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
- Move and pack household belongings for customers using supplies supplied by the company
- List household belongings on inventory sheets as they are moved and packed and wrap household goods between residence and vehicle
- Mark boxes with appropriate inventory tags to ensure proper documentation
- Assist as need in loading trucks and/or containers for forward movement via interstate commerce
- Perform pre-trip safety inspections on truck of moving equipment, interior and exterior of truck, straps and tensions, walk-boards, etc.
- Perform work at warehouse as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Coleman Worldwide Moving Benefits for Regular Full Time Associates (Seasonal jobs are not eligible):
- VACATION PAY after 1 year employment
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance available thru BCBS after 3 months.
- Health Savings (HSA), Flex Spending (FSA) options available for Employees.
- 401K program available for Employees.
- Life Insurance, Long and/or Short Term disability Insurance available for Employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of proper packing procedures
- Good communications skills
- Ability to be on time and reliable
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license needed for driving position.
- Ability to meet background standards
- Mover of household goods is preferred
Must be able to access military bases
- Indoors and outdoors
- Lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
- Frequent squatting and bending
- Frequent use of stairs
Interested candidates should apply in person between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm at 4880 “F” Street, Omaha, NE 68117. For specific questions email
our General Manager
or call (402) 733-2560.
Coleman Worldwide Moving (and affiliated companies) (collectively “CWM”) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Policy prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other protected status. CWM will continue to support and promote equal employment opportunity, human dignity, and cultural diversity. This policy applies to all personnel matters such as compensation, benefits, transfers, Company sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs. This commitment is made by CWM in accordance with federal, state, and/or local laws and regulationsFrom transporting a single household to massive corporate and government transfers, Coleman-Allied is equipped to handle your needs. Our highly developed network includes moving company locations throughout the United States and key Allied agency affiliations in various markets throughout the world. Driven by a long-held commitment to customer service and supported by a high standard of excellence, Coleman-Allied remains focused on you and your family. As you begin this new journey, let Coleman-Allied lead the way. Together, we can take your dreams to new heights!Job Type: Full-time
Take part in a company that has been successful for over 100 years and is still growing - join the Coleman Team today!