Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate vehicles that do not require a commercial driver’s license.
- Pick-up loads and organize freight in an ordered, logical manner.
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected facilities.
- Obtain signatures and/or electronic scans to confirm and complete deliveries.
- Communicate with dispatch as needed.
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches manifest materials.
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs, as applicable.
- Ensure good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and behaving with integrity in a courteous and professional manner.
- Report issues and complaints to management staff or Customer Service for resolution where they cannot be resolved at the dock-level. Observe and report any pertinent issues at customer sites.
- Ability to set up product and/or place product on shelves or racks at customer sites where applicable.
- Identify and recommend options for route improvements to management as appropriate.
- Participate in weekly/monthly/annual, safety and compliance training (both corporate and warehouse – specific).
- Adhere to all applicable regulatory standards (including, but not limited to OSHA, DOT, FMCSA, traffic laws).
- Perform other duties assigned by superiors.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2 to 3 years driving experience, preferably in route deliveries.
- Must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Must pass a background and toxicology screen.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Experience with routing software/fleet management and on-board fleet management systems preferred.
- Experience with on-board computers, paperless DOT logs (ELDs), and / or electronic capture applications preferred where applicable.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Able to work around moving machinery.
- Able to work in and around a commercial motor vehicle.
- Warehouse environment, exposure to dust, outdoor temperatures.
- Tasks may involve occasional stooping, kneeling, bending; and reaching overhead; as well as the ability to frequently lift, carry, push, and pull objects/materials weighing up to 50 lbs. and occasionally greater than 50lbs.
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
- Extended periods of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Operation of motor vehicles in accordance with the physical requirements and hour allotments issued by the FMCSA.