The NOSC Specialist ensures Inmarsat Government networks, products and services meet stringent availability and security integrity targets through direct and proactive monitoring of the Network Operations Security Center’s (NOSC) applications. This encompasses device commissioning and activations, network monitoring, fault detection, isolation, resolution, central problem escalation, and problem tracking and reporting for all facets of IP and RF satellite hardware and services (data, voice, and video) within the enterprise network architecture and infrastructure as well as customer remote sites.
- Flexible work schedule. The ability to work day or night shift.
- Daily interaction with Inmarsat Government customers via phone and email to include troubleshooting of customer RF and IP equipment, reporting requirements, and notifications.
- Proactive monitoring of the Inmarsat Government network, event monitoring; troubleshooting; fault isolations; and diagnostics and repair.
- Provide technical support to NOSC and Engineering staff.
- Ensure all problem reports and NOSC activities are documented within the Inmarsat Government trouble ticket system.
- Actively monitor NOSC trouble tickets and perform QC/QA of all interactions, problem reports, network events, and outages.
- Monitor for and escalate customer chronic and repetitive failures.
- Perform internal and external technical and management escalation.
- Ensure the functionality, performance, and correct usage of all manual and automated NOSC tools and systems
- Coordinate and support all network moves, adds, and changes including new commissionings, activations, upgrades, deactivations, and decommissionings of customer remote sites.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Program Management and validate customer requests for Service (RFS forms).
- Provide root cause of identified or reported events and provides “post mortem” analysis and documentation to internal stakeholders as necessary.
- Adhere to company policies and standards, and follow company procedures and processes.
- Generate, document, analyze, and report network operating metrics including fault management and performance statistics.
- Assist in special projects as needed, with the flexibility to change focus as necessary.
- Must have an active US Secret clearance.
VSAT proficiency (remote and hub), Familiar with Ku, Ka, C, and L Band networks, Frontline Support, Hardware Troubleshooting, Networking
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Sincere desire to
provide outstanding support and service. • Demonstrated Level I and Level II
troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. • Ability to establish and maintain
a high level of customer trust and confidence as a knowledge expert. •
Technical and non-technical, oral and written, communication, and escalation
skills. • Ability to provide internal and external skills training. • Strong
fluency with desktop (Microsoft) operating systems and applications. • Familiar
with Windows Domain, Active Directory, DNS, Telnet, DHCP, FTP, and SSL •
Thorough knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP network technologies. •
Proficient with iDirect topology and tools. • Proficient with network
monitoring tools, preferably Solar Winds. • Proficient with trouble ticketing
tools, preferably Remedy.
Inmarsat Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer