Performs various installation duties including: delivery, assembly, installation, repair and service of warranty and non-warranty furniture and products from other lines of business at customer sites.
What You’ll Do (in order of importance; Other duties may be assigned)
- Installs all types of free-standing furniture, panel and modular systems, facility dispensers, office signage, and other products sold by Staples and Staples Lines of Business. This includes placement, leveling, wipe-down, and touch-up of metal and wood furniture at customer’s location.
- Ability to mount Facility, Copy & Print, and Furniture products to walls of various constructions.
- Ability to read and understand basic installation drawings
- Inspects product(s) for proper functionality per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Instruct customer on proper use of the product.
- Drives Staples truck on daily assigned route with up to 15 stops
- Obtain DOT certification
- Observes and enforces local, provincial/state, and federal OSHA and DOT safety rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates safe work behaviors and promptly corrects all unsafe conditions.
- Must follow the guidelines in the Furniture Driver Manual
- Works independently or within a team under the work direction of the lead installer on a large install for developmental purposes.
- Utilize mobile technology to create punch lists and change orders.
- Capture customer signature and date upon delivery.
- Loads product(s) onto a truck and delivers to customer’s site for installation.
- Required to provide back-up to warehouse associates, assisting with inbound and outbound duties as necessary.
- Utilizes MHE equipment in accordance with training and certification.
- Follows all safety procedures in the performance to job duties.
- Daily interaction with customers, market furniture staff, and warehouse furniture management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
What You’ll Need
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to meet DOT commercial vehicle operation Certification and obtain a DOT medical card
- Ability to attend furniture manufacturing installation certification and training classes as required
- Must be trained and MHE certified to operate power material handling equipment i.e. Forklift, Electric Pallet Jack etc.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to read construction blueprints and CAD installation drawings
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated competence related to writing installation project and problem reports
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form
- Excellent customer service skills, conducting customer contact in a professional and courteous manner
What we’d prefer, but not required:
- A minimum of one (1) year experience assembling and servicing furniture preferred
- A minimum of one (1) year experience driving a delivery truck preferred
- Experience in using hand and electrical tools preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift, move, and/or carry between 70 to 100 pounds. With mechanical assistance, employee will occasionally move up to 300 pounds. Employee will regularly drive a delivery truck and must be able to enter and exit the truck throughout the day. Will regularly operate warehouse equipment that requires manual dexterity and use of lightweight tools requiring some coordinated movements. Activities include using a forklift or pallet jack to move furniture; and lightweight tools to assemble, install or repair furniture.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Drives delivery routes in all types of weather. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly operates warehouse equipment and lightweight tools. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.