Teledyne LeCroy, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets state of the art test and measurement equipment. Originally founded as LeCroy Corporation, the company was formed in 1964; the company was acquired by Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) in 2012 and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary. This NPI buyer/planner role will support the manufacturing department.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
- Creates Operations meeting notes and action items from NPI Meetings
- Creates NPI production orders and defines delivery dates for shortages
- Creates Kit tracking document from kits being issued, kits being assembled and put to stock or assemblies being capitalized; and publishes document
- Updates kits to new rev releases and quantity changes
- Maintain critical component spreadsheet and publish executive summary
- Update NPI Master spreadsheet and product summary sheets
- Korus Team Lead
- Rohs Team Lead
- CICR Team Lead, EOL parts
- Upper level kit status responsibility and publish information
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a NPI commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
- Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs
- Issues purchase orders to vendors
- Confirms orders within a defined period and assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner.
- Maintains inventory operations by following policies and procedures, reporting if needed changes.
- NPI experience
- Work with accounting to resolve invoice issues.
- Audit kits to ensure kits are complete
- Reschedules orders as forecast changes to ensure inventory position remains favorable
- Maintain build plan with delivery dates for shortages and ability to expedite with suppliers
- Ability to escalate delivery issues with Manufacturers
- Responsible for coordinating with the centralized Customs Lead to provide day-to-day import guidance to internal Teledyne Employees.
- Collection from suppliers of trade data with the assistance of the Customs Lead such as HS Code, Export Classification, Country of Origin, trade preference program qualification, product codes, import/export documentation requirements and valuation of products and maintenance of these data in the ERP system where applicable.
- Work with internal and external customers/vendors, freight forwarders/customs brokers, government agencies and other functional areas to ensure compliance of imports and exports.
- Maintain Customs records, as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree; 8+ years related experience preferred
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or vendors.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Inventory software; Order processing systems, excel and Word Processing software.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, completing them all, with highest priority being completed first