PAX Labs is an award-winning consumer technology brand with a mission to establish cannabis as a force for good. Our products set a high bar for quality and, together with the PAX App, offer unique features such as safety locking, adjustable temperature and draw control. As millions of consumers try cannabis for the first time or return to it after a long hiatus, PAX believes that quality, transparency and predictability are the keys to safe, responsible use by adults.
Headquartered in San Francisco, PAX is backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest (Pritzker family fund). We are an exceptional team with hardware and software backgrounds in consumer technology, healthcare, and biotech, and are growing to deliver on our mission. Our internal culture values diversity, integrity, having an impact, and passion for the larger movement that PAX is a part of.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As NPI Operations Project Manager you are responsible for analyzing, planning and coordinating materials for development builds to support the new product introduction schedule and the engineering and supply chain organization. The successful individual is proactive, team oriented, understands hardware engineering practices and engages enthusiastically in the problem-solving process and exhibits strong follow through.
- Responsible for supporting development builds with engineering program management and scheduling at manufacturing partners.
- Creation of planning and NPI Bill Of Materials (BOM) as required in Arena.
- Creation & maintenance of material & fixture readiness using Clear To Build (CTB) & Daily Build/Ship reporting.
- Coordination of schedule conflicts, formulating recovery schedules, identifying impediments to successful builds (missing released drawings, etc.).
- Accountable for directing, controlling and coordinating product ordering and manufacturing order releasing.
- Analyzes the NPI schedule and component development readiness to initiate actions
- Requires product knowledge, understanding of NPI & document control process, scheduling techniques.
- Tracks shortages and works with supply chain, manufacturing partners and Asia team on ensuring stock is available for build schedule.
- Verifies documentation and revision levels with engineering prior to order release
- Interacts regularly with hardware design engineering, engineering program management, supply chain, product managers and manufacturing partners to ensure timely and accurate coordination of materials and resources to meet the NPI build schedule.
- Issues all purchase orders to manufacturing partners and confirms the timely preparation of material through the manufacturing process.
- Resolves, within scope of authority, accounts payable or supplier payment problems, informational requirements, payables or credit status communications issues, or other procurement related issues.
- Liaison between engineering & supply chain to ensure timely and accurate NPI plan execution
- Makes accurate commits and meets on time shipment goals.
- 5+ years NPI experience in an outsourced manufacturing environment
- 2+ years of PM experience or equivalent certification (PMP)
- Key attributes necessary for success:
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and Arena skills
- Good organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and multitask
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good mathematical skills
- Demonstrate strong analytical, time management and follow-up skills
- Prior startup experience
- College degree or equivalent experience
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
- Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
- Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
- Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.